The project “Sport for Every Child: Fit Kids” encourage social inclusion and equal opportunities. The main goal of this project was to develop a modular based Physical Education methodology of sport activities, sport games and exercising for children and youngsters with mental and developmental disabilities, where we focused on the groups that have to overcome most obstacles in doing sports activities, sport games and exercising. Modular approach was needed to fit the needs of individual special needs of children. The program was structured for the use of teachers, volunteers and youth workers of children with special needs.
Professional experts from the project partner countries developed different outputs to improve the level of physical activity of children with special needs. Partners also organized “Fit Kids” sport events for children, educational workshops and online education for teachers, youth workers and volunteers to better spread the newly developed program in all partner countries. During the project project partners developed:
- Survey research report about the level o physical activity of children with special needs, with general recommendations to improve the level of sports activity of children with special needs
- Guide of Best Practices in the filed of motivating children and youngsters with special needs to be more physically active
- Handbook of descriptions of various mental and developmental disabilities
- High-end modular based Physical Education methodology of sport activities, sport games and exercising for children and youngsters with special needs
- Workshop training program, which includes description of history of adapted sports, descriptions of adapted sports and a training curriculum
- Training program for teachers, trainers and volunteers, the program includes different ice breaking and inclusive games